Tribunj is a typical dalmatian place in which you can smell the odours of the ancient Dalmatia. Tribunj has narrow streets and old stony houses and thus it has preserved the contours of a fishermen's village which at the same time offers you a very modern standard of living. The old part of Tribunj was built on a small island and every day fishing boats, bigger and smaller ones, come to this island bringing the fresh fish. Some time later a stony bridge was built and it connects the small island with the land where a whole new place has been built. The earliest records date from 1464. At that time Tribunj was called Triubahunj. The old St. Nicholas church by the graveyard was built in 1452. In 1650, the fortification Jurjevgrad was built on the St. Nicholas hill to protect the village from the Turkish invasion. Under the rule of Venice a lot of fortification was built in Tribunj, and its remains can still be seen. The church of Djevica Marija (Virgin Mary) was built in 1435 and it is located to the east, on the way to Vodice. Due to its tranquility and beauty, some well-known artists have come to Tribunj to do their creative work in the silence of their workshops, within the old restored houses, and surrounded by the inspiring harmony. Gourmands know about the well-known seafood restaurants in Tribunj and the fishing boats mooring along the local quay create an atmosphere which, in many places of the coastal area, has been forgotten for a long time now. In early autumn those quays are crammed with the barrels for making the homemade wine, and the fishermen and farmers move to the hinterland, to their vineyards and oliveyards. Tribunj and its surroundings are particularly well-known for their wine and olive oil. In the summertime, a special festivity is organized. It is a joyful donkey race which attracts an increasing number of guests and competitors who come with their donkeys from all over the world.
TRIBUNJ, MAGICAL HOUSE NEAR SEA.
- 5 room(s)
- 220 m²
- 1 350 000 €